The House That Was Once a Prayer
Today, as I was cleaning my house, I couldn’t stop thinking about how grateful I am to God for every miracle He has worked in my life.
And one of those miracles is right here, within these walls.
This was my first home as a homeowner. And when I think about everything that had to happen for me to finally hold the keys to this place in my hands, I can’t find any other explanation except the grace of God.
After selling the home I had during my marriage, I went through a divorce, a custody battle, and a season when I ended up living with friends. For nine months, I knocked on door after door. Nine months of hearing no. Nine months of trying to understand a world I knew absolutely nothing about.
I learned what a lender was. I learned about credit scores, loans, requirements, and applications that half the time I didn’t even know how to fill out. I asked questions, searched for answers, filled out paperwork, and kept trying.
And realistically, I understood why they kept telling me no.
Who was going to risk lending money to a woman with one income and so many people depending on her? My children, my parents… I probably would have said no too.
But while the numbers were saying no, I kept believing that God could say yes.
In the middle of those nine months, I was also served with a request for full custody of my son. The other parent already had a house. I was still fighting to get mine.
And I remember sitting in mediation and being able to say, “I don’t want you to take my son away from me. I have a home now, in the same school district where you live, and I want to keep my son, even if it’s only 50% of the time.”
It’s incredible to think about those words now.
Because there was a time when owning a home seemed completely impossible for me.
I was just a girl working in sales at Michaels, dreaming of buying a house so I could give my family stability. But there was something inside me that refused to let me stay where I was.
I worked. I learned. I kept growing.
Within a year, I went from working in sales to becoming a manager. And even knowing that I needed to keep moving forward, I found a job working at the front desk of a private medical practice. And still knowing that I was capable of more, I studied and completed my phlebotomy certification, which opened another door in my professional life.
None of it happened overnight.
There was hard work. There was exhaustion. There were closed doors. There were moments when I was ready to give up.
And just when I thought there were no more doors left to knock on, the miracle came.
Someone sat down and listened to me. Someone decided to give me a chance. Someone who, beyond what the numbers and paperwork said, saw how badly I wanted to work, move forward, and build something better for my family.
And this house became the answer to so many prayers.
So today, as I clean every corner, I don’t just see walls. I see provision. I see tears. I see nights filled with uncertainty. I see applications I didn’t know how to complete. I see closed doors. I see how much I grew. I see my children. I see the woman who kept trying even when everything around her seemed to say she couldn’t do it.
And above all, I see the faithfulness of God.
Because nothing is impossible for God, and my life has been a testimony of that time and time again.
But I also learned that faith doesn’t mean sitting still and waiting for something to happen. You have to get up, work, learn, knock on doors, make mistakes, try again, and do your best to live an honest and good life. God opens the way, but He also gives us the strength to walk through it.
And now, the time has come to say goodbye to this little house.
What a strange feeling… because there was a time when I cried and prayed so much just to get through this door, and today I’m packing my things to walk out of it.
But I’m not leaving because this house is no longer enough.
I’m leaving because it fulfilled its purpose.
This house gave me shelter when I needed stability. It became proof that I could start over. Within these walls, I rebuilt pieces of my life. My children had a home here. And here, God reminded me that a difficult season does not determine how our story ends.
And now we’re moving on to a new little home. One that will give us a little more comfort, a little more space, and—to make my heart especially happy—will be surrounded by trees, plants, and nature, away from the noise of the city. 🌿
Today, I close this door with tears, but they are not tears of sadness.
They are tears of gratitude.
Because I know the story behind these keys.
The woman who first walked through the door of this house is not the same woman who is saying goodbye to it today.
So thank You, God, for this little house.
Thank You for every “no” that eventually led me to Your “yes.”
Thank You for holding me up when I thought I couldn’t keep going.
Thank You for showing me that my circumstances were never bigger than You.
This house will always be special because it was my first home.
It was my miracle.
And today, I say goodbye to it with a full heart, ready to begin a new chapter with the same certainty that carried me this far:
Nothing is impossible with God. 🤍

Comments
Post a Comment